Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share|

Greek culinary tour: Tyrosalata dip recipe

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Storm
Admin
Storm

Greek culinary tour: Tyrosalata dip recipe Empty
PostSubject: Greek culinary tour: Tyrosalata dip recipe Greek culinary tour: Tyrosalata dip recipe EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 5:14 am

Greek culinary tour: Tyrosalata dip recipe Mvh_5210

The world is filled with so many great foods and it is out of the question to say that one type of ethnic food is better than another. When in Italy it is my favorite, when in Brazil then Portuguese is my favorite. Now I am about to experience Greece and the diverse culinary world of Mediterranean cuisine.

When I created The Social Chef my vision was to share my kitchen and the kitchens of other Food Lovers. I wanted to visit restaurants all over the world, share the kitchen with chefs and owners to get their take on traditional foods and the creative twists they may have added. I envisioned having people I met through social media and that we would share my kitchen or their kitchen together. The name The Social Chef was created because I love people and I am very social. I knew in today’s world that social media was an avenue for me to reach an audience of people who are just like me…Food Lovers.

While I traveled to fantastic far away places to film some TV cooking pilots in places like Italy and Brazil, this trip to Greece is my first adventure doing exactly what my vision was for The Social Chef. I am beyond excited to just walk into restaurants and explain who I am and what I am doing in Greece. I hope they accept my invitation because it will be such a pleasure to cook with someone who is cooking the authentic cuisine of Greece and learn from them and be able to share it with my FOOD LOVER friends.

I hope you follow My BIG Fat Greek Culinary Tour and share with me my experience of Greek foods, Greek culture, Greek chefs, Greek people and the beauty of the Greece countryside. I will be traveling to the beautiful and famous islands of Santorini, Samothraki and Hydra. I will be visiting the ancient city of Athens going to places like Acropolis, Monastiraki, Lycabetus, Kolonaki, Faliro, New Smymi and a few places I will not announce as they will be a surprise.

Enjoy this super recipe of tyrosalata
A Greek dip used for many dishes such as gyros, vegetables, pork, lamb, goat, fish both fried and grilled just to name a few. It can be on the spicy side and is very, very good. I am totally addicted.

Ingredients
Tyrosalata
2 mild banana peppers or frying peppers cut in half lengthwise and seeded
1 hot frying pepper cut in half lengthwise and seeded
1/2 cup yogurt
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 cup feta cheese
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)

Fry peppers on medium heat until slightly golden brown in vegetable oil. Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. You can keep refrigerated for a few days and serve on a variety of dishes.

Read more: http://www.voxxi.com/greek-tour-tyrosalata-dip-recipe/#ixzz2e8bi53OD
Back to top Go down

Greek culinary tour: Tyrosalata dip recipe

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1